The application package could not be opened

Problem description:
I paid for Equalify Pro, but unfortunately I forgot to delete the old free Equalify. I then deleted Spotify and Equalify (The free old free version and the Pro edition) and I downloaded Spotify. When I was about to download Equalify Pro, I got the message ‘‘The application package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package’’.
What am I supposed to do now?
Regards Simon

Operating system:
Windows 10

Soundcard:
If you know what soundcard you have, please include it! (ie. Asus Xonar, Auzentech or HT Omega)

Spotify version
1.0.13.108.gcd94e7db

Any special software you might have installed:
No

I assume you have tried re-downloading the installer?
Also make sure you do not save the installer in an encrypted folder or on a network drive (windows has issues with running installers from those locations), try saving it in a temporary folder or even better, on your desktop before running it.

Also make sure your windows install is updated, the windows updates also keeps the windows installer up to date.

There is nothing wrong with the installer itself, several thousand people has used it without issues.

Please let me know if the above works or not, if it doesn’t i’ll find another way to get it installed for you.

I also changed the title of this post to something more descriptive :slight_smile:

I took my time to delete any older Equalify and Spotify files, and now everything works fine! Thank you for great support, you guys rock

2 Likes