Spotify Windows Store version support

store
app

I have posted about this issue approx 1 month ago, also I noticed that someone else has a thread with the same issue. Unfortunately i needed to open new thread as they were closed.

My issue is the same as before, New Install of windows 10 forces the installation of Spotify store app version, Equalify does not work with this edition. I have tried everything to get rid of this app, I can uninstall however it does not matter where I get the download from to reinstall spotify it always defaults to the app. Therefore please do not post usual link and think this is solved.
I have tried googling how to remove spotify app and install standalone version however have not come up with an answer.
Please help

Mod edit:
Merged the old topic and moved this topic to a diff forum to make sure it wont be auto closed again.

Spotify App

I have recently needed to reinstall Windows 10, I have tried downloading Spotify however whether i download from the Spotify website “having issues? you can download Spotify here.” or using the Windows app link I cannot get Equalify to work. Has anyone got a download link I can go to download the Desktop version, not app.

@Soulstealer

I am unsure at this time the status of the auto windows store Spotify version.

Here is the thread for that problem.

This one helped someone.
https://community.equalify.me/t/equalify-wont-launch-with-spotify-windows-store-version/1355/17?u=digidydog

Thankyou for your response however, I cannot actually download the desktop version, It is not featured on the Spotify website anymore. The download is a link to the app not Desktop version.

https://www.spotify.com/us/download/windows/ ?

Direct link to the full spotify desktop installer:
https://download.scdn.co/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

edit: This is not the solution, but can not remove the solution mark after merging two topics.

Quote from another post about this subject:

About a version that supports the Store version, this is something that is actively being looked at. It requires a whole separate version of the EQ with lots of changes to successfully work with the store version. But it will come as soon as we have something reliable.

The current state of Store support is that settings refuse to save/load consistently and updates do not work. We’ve gotten everything else to work though.

Once a solution that works is available it will be posted in the beta category on this forum for a few weeks to be tested before its made available through a separate installer on the website.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but keeping up with all the strange things Spotify does is not always easy. They throw some curve-balls from time to time :slight_smile:

Its still actively being worked on, but the solution we had would not work reliably, so it had to be re-done from scratch.
Windows store apps are a whole different beast than normal desktop apps, and Equalify is made for the desktop app.

In addition the new Spotify gui/update required all time to be spent on updating the existing EQ to work properly with the new Spotify update.

And as a proof that this is being worked on i’ll attach this video that demonstrates a build from yesterday:

Disclaimer: Do not attempt this if you do not understand what you are doing. Equalify.me is not responsible for any possible damages or issues from running these commands. That said, if you do not change anything in the commands you shouldnt have any issues at all…

Have you also tried this:

How to uninstall forced installed Windows 10 apps
This is not the first time that users complained about forced app installs. Fortunately, you can quickly fix this problem by running these PowerShell commands:

Get-appxpackage -allusers *spotify* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*spotify*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*spotify*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

Note: Make sure to run PowerShell as administrator.

All that said, I can not replicate your issue where the store version of spotify is automatically installed and not uninstallable. I’ve set up several VMs with the latest windows 10 and all updates.

No matter what i do or how i do it, the desktop version of spotify always installs just fine…

There was one time the store version got installed after i installed the desktop version, but all i had to do was to uninstall it normally and everything was back to normal.

Please describe how you did your install, what kind of computer you have, what version of windows (home/pro/s/n) you have and anything else that can help replicate it.

Sorry for the delay, I appreciate your assistance.
I am running the Windows 10 64 bit Pro Version 1709.
I downloaded the Spotify Installation from their site and it auto intalled Store Version.
I have many different ways to uninstall Spotify including manually searching for every file left behind after the uninstall. There is no way i can install the standalone Non store version it constantly defaults to store during installation. I uncompressed the downloaded folder and that didnt help either. Not sure where to go from here.
Any chance I can trial the build you are working on?

One more thing, I cant see it having anything to do with this however, On my computer I have two Users that I swap between.

Having multiple users will not have any effect on this…

And about the dev version… its really not ready for any kind of release… its a pre-alpha at best.

I can see if i can make up a package for you, but you will have to run it at your own “risk” as it has not been thoroughly tested…
Do you know how to use IRC ?

I used to use IRC back in the 90’s when it was cool, :joy:
No i do not use IRC.