Spotify migrates after following guide

( Payment or refund requests has to be posted in the Payments and Refunds category! )
Please remove any part of this template that you do not use including the text at the top.

Also please read through older posts before asking your own question. Your question has most likely been answered before!

Problem description:
Deleted spotify windows store version followed the powershell guide and keeps auto migrating when i follow to the letter

Operating system:
windows10

Soundcard: unknown

Spotify version
1.1.42.622.gbd112320 (Microsoft Store version)

Equalify Pro version
the current downloadable

Any special software or hardware you might have installed:
none

Anything else that can be useful or is related to audio processing on your system
usb headset+speakers

Hello, can you please try running this command as well:

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online
after running:
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Spotify* | Remove-AppxPackage

Make sure you shut down Spotify (file->exit) before following the steps.

It is also important that the powershell window has administrator rights.

After going through the guide and adding that extra command, please also reboot before trying to re-install Spotify.

nothing still migrates

Then i honestly have no idea.
I have not found any other way to reliably remove the store version of Spotify from windows once its started behaving like that.

The method works for almost everyone though. I wonder what is different on the machines where it does not work.

If migrating means that spotify is auto-updating, then I can confirm, not the Windows Store version either…

Even with powershelling the two AppxPackage commands, Spotify will still autoupdate at some point, not immediately on reboot, but at some undefined point as far as I can tell. It just happened to me this evening and the new version seems to knock out equalify pro. I certainly cannot open the interface any more…

I posted on this just a few minutes ago.

Andrew

Migrating means the software switching from the regular version to the store version.
It will still update normally.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.