Spotify freezing when installed equalify and stoping to work

Problem description:
if i have equalify installed spotify just quits working when i try to start a song and also there is no EQ button at the upper edge

Operating system:
windows7

Soundcard:
i have allready tried out to fix my problem with the asus problem fix thingy because i have got an asus mainbord where i use the soundcard from but it said “… was allready deleted” and it doesnt helped

Spotify version
Version 0.9.17.6.ge7d46329

Any special software you might have installed:
i have installed realtek HD audio manager but it isnt running because there is a issue with the decoserbox of my headset wich is the tritton pro+

Helo @gluemen, Equalify pro is not compatible with Spotify v0.9.x

You will need to install Spotify 1.0 or above to get it to work.

From the front page of the Equalify website:

1 Like

ok i will try to reinstall spotify (there is no update available sp i hope if i reinstall it it will be 1.0)

ok i reinstalled spotify now but it is still version 0.9.17 can ic force spotify to update or what can i do

You should try uninstalling the old version of spotify, there might be something wrong with it.
Then download the latest spotify installer http://download.spotify.com/SpotifySetup.exe and install it.

Spotify has been at version 1.x since around February, so you should have gotten it a long time ago.

well is allready did it i have closed spotify first then deinstalled it over the controllpanel restarted my coputer downloaded the newest installer downladed spotify with it and installed it still 0.9.17
=(

I cant understand why, Spotify has not distributed 0.9.x in over 6 months.

Try this link instead, http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe that is the full offline installer, not the web installer.

Edit:
I just downloaded that one myself, and its 1.0.13

oh my god thank you for the fast reply it worked now =) i will hear some music now and go to bed then :wink:

2 Likes

No problems, glad you got it working.
Please mark the reply that solved it for you as the solution :slight_smile:

1 Like