Well, I also did a little bit poking around my display settings as you suggested a few posts ago to alehead. Here’s what I found:
- If I have Spotify on one of my Display panels when I start the first song, the Equalizer button shows up as expected. I can move Spotify to another display, and it keeps working.
- If I have Spotify on a different Display panel when I start the first song, the Equalizer button doesn’t show up. This remains the case even if I move Spotify to another display after starting the song. This is the case in my Debug snippet above.
- The display that doesn’t work has Scaling active, set at 125%. If I reset scaling to 100%, the Equalizer button shows up as expected (though clearly this isn’t really an acceptable workaround).
- I tried changing the DPI setting in equalify2.eq - was “-1”, I tried both “192” and “120” and the Equalizer button didn’t show up on that display.
- If I change the Windows Compatibility settings on the Spotify shortcut to use Application Scaling (under Compatibility -> Change high DPI settings -> Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by -> Application) the Equalizer button shows up. (I can live with this in the short term, but it would be nice if I didn’t have to use this as a workaround.)
For comparison, here’s the Debug log from when Application Scaling is used:
[11:09:44] !!! Log Level set to: 0 [11:09:44] INF Debugging Window [11:09:44] !!! Do not close this window before detatching the console(ctrl + alt + d) [11:09:44] INF loaded! [11:09:44] DBG hwid: 2b274c - window: ConsoleWindowClass [11:09:44] DBG hwid: 2b274c - window: ConsoleWindowClass (w:993) scale:41 [11:09:44] DBG hwid: 5c1aaa - window: Chrome_WidgetWin_0 [11:09:44] DBG hwid: 5c1aaa - window: Chrome_WidgetWin_0 (w:40) scale:41 [11:09:44] DBG CORRECT WIDGET!!! ========================================== = EQUALIFY = ========================================== Loaded Equalify Dsound.dll: dev-1.4.7.e2f5145-4773 21.10.2020 @ 17:56:56 [i] Setting up breakpad handler. Dump dir: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\equalify\crashdumps\ DONE WITH THREAD Process version: 18.104.22.1688 built in preset count=11 total preset count=12 [11:09:46] DBG (Subclass.cpp:33) hwid: 5c1aaa (w:100) scale:100  DirectSoundBuffer.cpp [_DsoundEqualifyHook::DirectSoundBuffer::DirectSoundBuffer] 00000010 00000001 [11:09:46] !!! Hotkeys [11:09:46] WAR Hotkey1 Registered! [11:09:46] WAR Hotkey2 Registered!