Quick Bug Report

Problem description:
When I disconnect my AV Receiver that’s connected by HDMI and I have it chosen as the output device in Equalify, spotify will refuse to play any song and just skip through all songs until restarted. Not a major problem as it’s easily avoided, just a quick bug report to fill you guys in as I’m sure this can be fixed somehow. If needed, you can examine the issue on my PC, but considering I just reset my OS and it’s still the same, it’s probably easily repeatable.

Operating system:
windows 10

Soundcard:
AV Receiver is a Denon AVR-X500

Spotify version
1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af

Equalify Pro version
1.3.2.4177 (master.b5f96b1)

Any special software or hardware you might have installed:
Nope, just reset my PC

I have a Virtual Audio Cable I will see if I can recreate by disabling the cable.

edit
Was able to recreate pretty easily by disabling the current playing audio device.
My next plan is to disable the EQ and see if disabling my headphones will recreate because this to me sounds like a problem with Spotify and not the EQ but let me see.

Unfortunately this is not a bug with Equalify, its a bug in Spotify thats been there since their client was first released.
They do not seem to care about fixing it.

You can also replicate it by playing a video that has DTS/dolby audio. that will put the soundcard in exclusive mode and it will behave identically.

@DigidyDOG might be hard to test without Equalify installed since windows will pick another default audio device if you disable the old one.
Its easier to spot when setting another output for Spotify since it wont automatically use the default if the set device gets removed.

@nissen1502 You should be able to just open the Equalify settings and set another output device, without restarting Spotify to get it playing again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After disabling everything then disabling my headphones.

I get this little message I can’t seem to replicate it when the EQ isn’t on.

Hi @Notrace

(5chars…)

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.