Manual?

Hiya,

This might be a stupid question but is there a manual with the latest Equalify (1.4.3.4409)?

I used to use Equalify several years ago but switched when it stopped working a while back to another Equalizer program. I’ve just re-registered with Equalify and paid for the latest version but have no idea how to work it!

I’m not an audio expert - just someone who desperately wants to get a lot less bass in their headphones. Previously it was a set of bars from left (bass) to right (treble) that I found easy to adjust. Now it’s a case of moving a red dot around and I have absolutely no idea where to put the dot to get anything like the setting I want…

Is there a way to switch to the old format (which was more like what a Graphic Equalizer on a physical stereo system used to be like) or, if not, a manual that explains how the new one works?

Apologies, I know I sound like a clueless old person but well… if the shoe fits…!

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Hey @rattler2002

There is a preset called “reduce bass”.
If you select that you can see how that is set up and tweak it to your liking.

This eq works in the same way as the old graphical ones…

Left side is bass, right side is treble.
Up means add and down means reduce.

You can zoom out if you use the scrollwheel in the eq area to get a wider range to boost or reduce.

At the bottom you see numbers, they correspond to the same numbers on a graphical EQ (the hertz).

If you want to remove bass in an eq with no bands:

• press the reset button
  • Zoom out (scroll wheel)
  • doubleclick anywhere in the EQ area
  • right click the new band(the circle)
  • Set the “filter type” to “low shelf”
  • click and drag the band to around 500hz and -14dB

You can add as many bands as you like :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks for the reply. Makes perfect sense now! I think I just saw the completely different visual style and panicked that I didn’t know what I was doing. I appreciate the easy-to-read instructions and have now got it working perfectly. :slight_smile:

Great, glad i could help!

It might look intimidating at first, but it is in fact pretty simple :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.