Incompatible device? skips songs - uninstalled - still skips!

Problem description:
So I have a Aune x1s DAC/Soundcard. I tried to switch to this device in equalify device settings. But it gave me the error “cannot create device” or something. I figured the x1s is incompatible.

I though I would double check with my Sennheiser PC 373D usb headset. Equalify didn’t complain but it didn’t work either. Spotify kept skipping songs regardless.

Bummer I thought and proceeded to uninstall equalify. However spotify now keeps skipping songs even with equalify uninstalled.
Uninstalled spotify, restarted computer, installed spotify again. But it still keeps skipping songs.

I just want to be able to listen to spotify, with or without equalify. Preferably without having to take drastic measures.

Operating system:
windows10

Soundcard:
Aune x1s / Sennheiser PC 373D

Spotify version
1.0.99.250.g936eab8d

Equalify Pro version
1.4.3?

Any special software or hardware you might have installed:
Not to my knowledge

Anything else that can be useful or is related to audio processing on your system
Not to my knowledge

Actually managed to solve it. Not sure why but I re-installed the drivers for the x1s and then both the x1s and the 373D started working.

Feel a bit stupid now. Sorry for the inconvenience (got a bit frustrated). Close this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.