I can see the equalify in spotify but the sound does not change when using the different pre set options

I have installed the Equalify pro and pay for the standard tier license. It appears on the spotify but the sound does not change when I apply the different pre set options of sound (Bass Boost, Classical, Dance, … Small Speakers). I also create my own equalize but nothing happened. I am using my laptop speakers and also trying using an Bose Sound Touch speaker connected to my network. In both cases the sound remains the same.

Operating system:
windows 10 home

Soundcard:
Bang & olufsen audio control

Spotify version
1.1.66.580.gbd43cbc9-a

Equalify Pro version
1.4.9.4985 (release 1.4.9.e0fd632) / 16

My Laptop
HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.5" Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Evo Platform - Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 1TB SSD + 32GB Intel Optane - Nightfall Black
Model: 14-EA0023DX
SKU: 6428660

Hello @fvaldezt

When you play music in Spotify, do you see the analyzer/visualizer in the Equalify window move?
Please also confirm that you have checked that the equalizer is turned on. (you wouldnt believe how many times that has been the solution for people asking for help :slight_smile: )

I turned off my computer and started again and equalify began working correctly when listening using the speakers of my Laptop.
It is not working when trying to listen using my Bose Sound Touch speaker connected to my network.

That makes sense, Equalify can only alter the audio of music playing on the machine its installed on.
When you play through network speakers (spotify connect) the spotify client only acts as a remote control.

Spotify Connect devices
When using Spotify connect your spotify client is just a remote control that controls a player in the remote device itself.
Since the remote device does all the downloading and processing of the audio Equalify can not alter it.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.