EqualifyPro does not install - "Error writing file ...\spotify\dsound.dll verify"

Problem description:
As topic says Error writing file …\spotify\dsound.dll etc
Have reinstalled Spotify
Have checked permissions users have full control in spotify directory and files
Installer actually writes dsound.dll wirh 0 bytes size.

Operating system:
windows 10

Soundcard:
If you know what soundcard(s) you have, please include it! (ie. Asus Xonar, Auzentech or HT Omega)

Spotify version
1.0.27.75.gdc223232

Equalify Pro version
Just downloaded

Any special software or hardware you might have installed:
ie. Razer Gamebooster or Cort

Have you taken a look this thread?

This is a common error with windows installer and is usually a permission issue of some kind. For Equalify pro its usually either the spotify folder ( %appdata%/Spotify ), the dsound.dll file (in the spotify folder) or your temp folder ( %temp% ) that does not have the right permissions, make sure you and the system user has read/write access to them all. If there is a dsound.dll file in the spotify folder, remove it before installing.

You can also try moving the installer to another folder - copy it to your desktop and see if it will run correctly from there.

You can also read this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/error-writing-to-file-cconfigmsi3d57194rbfverify/38d21709-efa5-4a05-b842-b589687c4e60?auth=1

Tried unreging and reging msiexec
Checked file atributes of \spotify and %temp% all permissions read, write, modify, checked allow (dimmed) for me and SYSTEM
no Razer Gamebooster or Cort

still doesn’t work.

Pekka

What happens if you try to install to a completely different directory ?
Did you also move the installer to your desktop ? (the installer being in the wrong folder can actually cause issues like this, its a known problem with windows installer)

And did you delete the dsound.dll in the spotify folder if its already there before installing ?

If all fails i guess you will have to enable msi installer logging:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/223300
and post the log file to me in a private message (or in this thread if you prefer)

Do not follow the guide unless you know how to use the windows registry.

Now it went through, have no idea what happened.

As i earlier said that directory contained dsound.dll with 0 bytes size and i tried removing it an installing again with no success.

Now for some reason after failed installation attempt the dsound.dll was there with 165Kb size and not showing in Spotify. I removed it and tried again, and, lo and behold, it went through.

Strange

1 Like

Isn’t windows great ?
The installer is just a standard installer package, but windows has a mind of its own sometimes.

Glad it finally worked!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.