Equalify works via bluetooth, but not with Spotify Connect on Denon Sound System!

Problem description:
I bought this yesterday, and it seems to work great if I play songs through my Denon CEOL Sound System using Bluetooth, but this denon sound system also supports “Spotify Connect”, but when I try using this as a device in spotify, the equalizer doesn’t seem to work - is this correct !!
Also, can this equalizer work in conjunction with spotify on my android smartphone, as the sound on my phone could be improved as well ! Thank you, and sorry for the silly questions !!

Operating system:
Windows 10

Soundcard:
If you know what soundcard(s) you have, please include it! (ie. Asus Xonar, Auzentech or HT Omega)

Spotify version
1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2

Equalify Pro version
Equalify-1.1.3

Any special software or hardware you might have installed:

I’m afraid it wont work with spotify connect. When using Spotify connect your spotify client is just a remote control that controls a player in the speaker or receiver itself.

Since the receiver does all the downloading and processing of the audio Equalify can not alter it.

Same with the Android phone.

This is unfortunately something that is impossible to implement in future versions as well.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

So the best way to use this is what i’m actually doing then, and playing Spotify through my Denon Stereo System using bluetooth, yes ???

(I just want to make sure that I’m using this correctly, as it makes Spotify sound soo much better) !

Kind Regards…

Sean

Correct, playing via bluetooth or a cable would be the correct way to do it.

Depending on the bluetooth mode (if the sender and receiver has aptX or not) a cable will give a little better audio quality, but for most users its not enough of a quality boost for the cable to be worth the hassle :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the quick reply.

I have just read up on aptX / bluetooth on the internet, and I don’t believe my Denon or laptop has it, so maybe the cable you mention may be an option (between the laptop and denon coel system, yes?).
Which cable would I use then to connect my two appliances?
(My laptop only has USB, and an HDMI)

Again, sorry to be a nuisance…

Sean!

If you are happy with it you should just keep using the normal bluetooth connection. Its so convenient that any sound quality gain (you probably wont even hear it) from using a cable wont really be worth it.
I have a couple of bluetooth speakers - without aptX, but they have a minijack input - and i always use bluetooth when i use them.

The main thing is that you are happy with the sound. What the internet or anyone else tells you shouldn’t matter, Just enjoy the music and use whatever connection method is most convenient.

I agree, it sounds brilliant now with this equaliser, so I will leave it at that… and thanks again for all your help, it is most appreciated.

Kind Regards…

Sean.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.