Equalify not showing up 2018

( Payment or refund requests has to be posted in the Payments and Refunds category! )
Please remove any part of this template that you do not use including the text at the top.

Also please read through older posts before asking your own question. Your question has most likely been answered before!

**Problem description:** Equalify not showing up, just uninstalled windows store version and installed desktop.

Operating system:
windows 10

Soundcard:
Asus built in mobo

Spotify version
1.0.77.338.g758ebd78

Equalify Pro version
cant find

Any special software or hardware you might have installed:
razer synapse (no other addons)

Are you 100% sure that the store version didn’t re-install itself ?

Some people have had issues with that, check it in the help->about spotify menu.

If it does not say …(store version)… Equalify should work fine… Make sure its installed to the right folder, restart Spotify and play a song.

https://community.equalify.me/t/quick-tips-before-and-after-you-install-equalify-pro/60

It shows up as desktop app when searched, and it doesn’t show as installed from the store.

Then it should work fine.
If all else fails try restarting your machine.

I’ve tried to no success. The icon never shows up, even after hovering and clicking my mouse in that location it never shows.

Open %appdata%/spotify in your file explorer.
Make sure there is a file named dsound.dll in that folder
Also make sure you close spotify fully(file->exit), The [x] can be set to minimize instead of close…

Also, what asus mobo do you have? It doesn’t come with a xonar type soundcard?

dsound.dll is there. I have the Asus ROG strix 270g gaming mobo, not sure what the sound card is honestly.

Then i don’t know.

There could be something running on your machine that blocks the loading of the EQ, but i’d need more info (see below) to figure that out.
It should work fine with that mobo/soundcard.

If you really want to get it to work you can send me a list of all processes running on your machine and a screenshot of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

Send that in a Private message.

If not we can just cancel the purchase and refund your money :slight_smile:

I have the same issue. Equalify with Spotify (Desktop standalone) worked great. I loved it. But now, 2 days ago, my standalone spotify app changed to Windows Store version by itself. First I thought it was an anomaly or something but then I uninstalled the app, used the powershell commands that you posted in another thread and installed spotify from the link for standalone version. I installed it but it switches to windows store app automatically. Nothing works, and I just can’t listen to spotify without your great plugin :confused:

I’m hoping for a compatible windows store version. Hopefully you’ll find some time to release it since I saw your screenshot in another thread where you had Equalify running on that version! Good luck!

Same issue here, today i thought i got it downgraded, but it worked only for a few hours. Now it is the Store-Version again and i don’t know how to make it stable.
Even removed the WindowsStore completely, but Spotify is still migrating.

EDIT
Deleted the Spotify-Store-App-Folder again, now i can use the old version again. Not sure how long it will last.

Update: I uninstalled Spotify App, did what agbremen did and deleted Windows Store using powershell since i dont use it for anything anyway and installed spotify. Normal version installed and Equalify works again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.