Equalify not compatible with newest Spotify?

I recently updated my Spotify to the latest version and since then Equalify doesn’t seem to be available or the button to open it is basically just gone.

Windows 10
Spotify build is 1.0.33.106.g60b5d1f0
Razer Synapse and Surround Pro for Surround Sound

@Voltex

Did you try to play a song first?

Works for me currently:

I too have Razor Synapse and Windows 10 but not the surround thingy.

There are no issues with the latest spotify versions and equalify.
Like digidydog said you probably just have to play a track for the icon to show up.

Please let us know if you get it working!

I am also having an issue with the latest version of spotify.
The Equalify icon appears as per usual when I begin playing a song, however nothing comes up when i click it.

Windows 7 64bit
Spotify version: 1.0.33.106.g60b5d1f0
Razer Cortex disabled, but installed
Razer Synapse

You might have moved it off screeen.
Right click the eq icon and reset position. If the menu item is grayed out it means that the eq is hidden, click the icon and right click again for the menu to work :slight_smile:

When I right click the eq icon, I only get the options of: Restore, Move, Size, Minimize, Maximize and Close. But not extra options.
I just tried reinstalling Spotify as well as eq v1.1.3b, but I am still getting the same issue. I’ve been having this problem for the past week I would say.

Should look like this:

The options you see are when you left click the spotify icon :slight_smile:

Yeah that option isn’t being given to me no matter how many times I right click it or left click it… Perhaps there is other software I am running that is conflicting with it. I will continue to investigate and return if I find an answer :slight_smile:

You could go to the %appdata%/Equalify folder and open the equalify2.eq file in notepad (with spotify shut down!)

and edit the X and Y position of the eq:
“EQ”: {
“X”: 894,
“Y”: 412,

Set it to x:0 and y:0 to make it show in the top left corner of your main moinitor.

save the file and restart spotify.

1 Like

That has done the trick, thank you Notrace! The x co-od was set to an incredibly large negative value for some reason. I really appreciate all the help you gave :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I was having this problem too, and clicking the position reset button worked for me. I saw the button previously, but was afraid it was an “easy access” button to completely reset the equalizer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.