Equalify makes Spotify become unresponsive

Problem description:
I installed Spotify after a system re-install (equalify worked fine then), and it works fine. I downloaded equalify and installed it, and when I go to play any song to get bars to show up, Spotify becomes unresponsive and I have to end the process. When I uninstall equalify and open Spotify it works again.

Operating system:
Windows 7 Home Premium

Soundcard:
Cirrus Logic CS4206B (AB 32)

Spotify version
1.0.21.143.g76c19bcd

Equalify Pro version

Any special software or hardware you might have installed:
None

There is a possibility it is your sound card, not sure.

Please check this thread and make sure you followed it to the T

What files should be copied to the Spotify Install folder? It doesn’t look like the equalify installer actually installed any files, but did something so Spotify no longer works.

EDIT: Spotify crashed on install again, then I re-opened Spotify and now the equalify login page is there. Looks like it fixed itself. Spotify was closed when I installed equalify, but when I force closed the process when it crashed, and re-opened spotify, it suddenly worked. Odd, but not going to complain :slightly_smiling:

In the Appdata/Spotify folder there should be a dsound.dll

Glad you got it working again.

I’ve heard about this happening to a couple of people, but i’ve never gotten enough info to be able to get to the bottom of it.
Like with you it “magically” fixes itself…

If it freezes up on you again let me know and maybe we can figure out what causes it :slightly_smiling:

Yep, it fixed itself - see edit in my previous reply. No idea why it didn’t work up to now, but not complaining! Thanks for replying.

Will do! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Well I am glad I was able to fix your problem :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.