Equalify button doesn't open EQ window

Problem description:
Looks like a duplicate of Equalfiy won't open and is no longer green but grey bars

with these differences:
I use 100% scaling
This happened on a laptop after docking it in a different environment (on a single 1440p monitor at home instead of the 3 1080p monitors at work)
Right clicking on the bars and selecting reset did resolve the issue (for now)
Just thought I’d let you know so you can fix it
Love your product.

Operating system:
windows 10

Soundcard:
schiit fulla2

Spotify version
1.0.80.474.gef6b503e

Equalify Pro version
You will find the version info in Settings->About
1.4.2.4336 (you should allow cut/paste)

Any special software or hardware you might have installed:
no razer on this (work) laptop (though I do use it on the home compter… love that too)

BTW: I’m a software engineer… just curious what kind of tech stack equalify is written in. Is this C++, C#. Does spotify provide an SDK?

again, love the product, keep up the good work!

Hey @LeeDoty

Thanks for the report, and the kind words.

The problem is that i’m not actually making sure that the saved coordinates for the EQ are part of the current desktop (all monitors) when it loads. So sometimes when fewer monitors are in use, the coords can be off-screen depending on where you had the EQ placed last session.

Its not really been an issue so thats why i added the reset position menu to the button in the Spotify window as a quick and dirty “temporary” (…) fix.

I’ll see if i can make a proper fix for it before the next update!

Equalify is written in C++ and Spotify does not provide any form of API or SDK. Its a lot of low level windows trickery to make it work :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.