Equalify bars not visible

help

Problem description:
When I open Spotify and play a song there are no bars visible in the left hand corner. I have tried speakers and headset

Operating system:
windows10

Soundcard:
Sound Cards
USB Audio Device
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Steam Streaming Microphone
Steam Streaming Speakers
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Logitech G933 Gaming Headset
High Definition Audio Device
Playback Devices
Speakers (Steam Streaming Microphone)
Speakers (Steam Streaming Speakers)
Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers (Logitech Wireless Headset)
Acer X34 P (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Speakers (High Definition Audio Device) (default)
Speakers (Logitech G933 Gaming Heads

Spotify version
1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d

Equalify Pro version

Any special software or hardware you might have installed:

Anything else that can be useful or is related to audio processing on your system
Logitech G933 head set

I have reinstalled Spotify & Equalify and deleted the license and no login appears when I play a tune

Looking at the license database it looks like you have gotten it to work?

I’ve not heard of any issues with the G933 before, but that is the only thing that sticks out above.

in general, restarting spotify (file-exit) and playing a song is the way to make the eq pop up but you have done that.

I know you wrote the spotify version above, you didn’t omit “store version” from the version string ?

I install SpotifyFullSetup and Equalify1.4.3-installer. First day all ok. Next day the icon disappears and does not help uninstall and install everything.
Operating system: windows10
Soundcard: AMD High Definition Audio Device
Spotify version: 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d
Equalify Pro version: 1.4.3
Any special software or hardware you might have installed: NO

Looks like it is loading just fine.
You last used it an hour ago: 2018-10-30 10:46:29

You know you have to play a song for the eq to load, right ?

Yes, i now.

1.0.92.390 this is not from Windows store
I have tried again by opening Spotify but still no login prompt

If you have already logged in once you dont need to do it again @johnashcroft61

The database says that you last used the eq today: Last used: 2018-10-31 19:43:40
A few minutes before writing the post above, are you sure there is no icon in the top left of the Spotify window?
like so:

Same exact problem. Spotify 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d. No Equalify bars to click on. Just tried reinstalling Equalify, which completed successfully. After restarting Spotify and playing music, it’s clear to my ears that Equalify is still running yet I can’t access it to change the profile. I have different profiles for my external speakers and amped headphones and I’m no longer able to access the Equalify settings to change it.

^ Update: 25mins after posting this, and after listening to several songs, the Equalify bars are again back. I’m now more confused as to why they went away and how they came back after some time. Either way, I’m updating this to report it has somehow worked itself out (perhaps some time after reinstalling Equalify).

Yes
I also logged in om my laptop and it is saying I have a pirate copy and I must uninstall

@johnashcroft61
I have no idea whats going on with your machine.

It has been active on 2 different machines, now only active on one. Last used around 12-14 hrs ago.
If you delete the license key, it will complain. Same if you deactivate it on the website.

But if its not working where you want it to work we can always just cancel/refund the order.

There is no reason for it not to work on your machine though, with the info provided in the top post.

Same problem here

EDIT :
after deleting the equalify2.eq file (in %appdata%\equalify) and restarting spotify, the icon is back

EDIT 2 :
In the new configuration file the DPI parameter is -1, in the old file it was 192
If I put -1 back in, the old file is working again

Hey, this thread wasn’t showing as unread so i forgot about it.

Hmm… so the DPI settings was set to 200% and i guess the button then would render outside the visible area for the button.

-1 == automatic, and is what is default.

I’m fairly sure that was fixed in an earlier release though. At-least it is here.
200% button in a non-scaled spotify window:

Apparently i was wrong! That bugfix never made it into a release build.

I will try to push out a beta build tomorrow with multiple fixes relating to the EQ button.

Opt-in from the EQ->settings->misc menu.

I have same problem.
It’s still present after installing last beta version.

exact same issue:

Win10 - Full Spotify (Not win app) - Asus Xonar Soundcard - Equalify fully reinstalled (1.4.3) today, no bars present, cant change output source and its messing with my spotify out.

@gavinaverage
Not even close to the same issue.
https://community.equalify.me/t/asus-xonar-auzentech-or-ht-omega-soundcards/23/

Xonar soundcards are not supported. Workarounds exist in the thread above that will make it work.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.