A couple of crashes since latest beta upgrade

Hello.
I’ve got Beta version 2824 installed. The auto update seems to have worked fine, thanks.

A couple of times in the last 2 days Spotify has bombed when I clicked on the Equalify tab on the toolbar to open the equalify screen.
Spotify will then not open again until I kill all the processes. When it opens again and I hit play, it takes 20 - 30 seconds before the music starts, (although the progress bar along the bottom moves) and the Equalify tab reappears. From then it seems to work ok.
It’s only happened twice and the first time I wasn’t really paying attention, so I don’t know what the trigger was first time. Today it was the first time I went to use Spotify. No computer reboots or log outs in that time. I just lock my computer overnight.

There are no crash dumps in the Equalify folder so I don’t really know if it’s an issue with Equalify or Spotify, but I figured you’d want feedback.

Computer is a desktop, 12gb ram, i7 proc, Windows 8.1 64bit.

Incidentally, the Equalify folder isn’t in the Spotify folder for me. It’s on the same folder level in
C:\Users<myusername>\AppData\Roaming\Equalify

I’m sure this is irrelevant, but you know, data is good.

Cheers

hobbesy

Hey @hobbes

Thanks for your detailed report! I very much appreciate you taking the time!

I have never heard of any behavior even remotely close to what you are experiencing when it comes to Equalify or Spotify so i’m not sure what that’s about. Nothing comes to mind that could cause this to happen either. A shot in the dark might be that its somehow network related, either Equalify or Spotify, which one i don’t know.

The Equalify folder is in the right place, it’s meant to be on the same level as the Spotify folder. Only the plugin dll itself is placed in the Spotify folder. This way the EQ settings are saved even if Spotify is uninstalled/reinstalled.

All data is good, and this has been logged for the future, in case someone else experiences something similar. If it happens again to you i would love an update.